Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Gross Anatomy of the Internal Mammalian Heart


Today's Medical Topic:  Gross Anatomy of the Internal Mammalian Heart

What Are We Looking For:  Same thing as last time but now we have sliced the heart in half on a frontal plane.  Keep in mind the correct anatomical terms.  Lets remember our sheepy and human drawing.  I have also added an eye patch to the sheep to give it more character.



First we are going to look at the just the trucuspid and mitrial valves.  I did not get lucky and slice through a semilunar valve so those aren't featured.



Well, I should say it is mostly remnants of the valves.  Also featured here is the large interventricular septum which effectively divides the heart in half.

Here we have everything else I could identify.  I'll leave the looking up what each part is to ya'll that are interested.  Enjoy.




Send questions or comments to dudaday@gmail.com

Disclaimer:  I am not a health care provider, any information presented in this blog should not be considered advice it is mearly an outlet to slake my curiosity.  You should always consult your primary medical provider for any concerns or illness.  Unlike Tylenol, I am not approved by the FDA or American Medical Association to treat or provide relief for any ailment.

No comments:

Post a Comment