Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Upper Respiratory Tract Part I


Today's Medical Topic:  Part I of the Upper Respiratory Tract

What Are We Looking For:  If you are in my A&P II class I am using the in room model thingy.  Do day we are differentiating the regions of the pharynx and the regions of the nasal cavity.  Let's get started.  First up:  The Pharynx


I have color coded the different areas like it is on the book except this is the model.  Or a close up of such.  Yeah, that was exciting.  Let's continue.


Remember, conche are the bigger bumpy things and the meatuses are ridges.  There are three of each.

The nasal vestibule is where your nose gets bigger internally creating the widest part of your nose externally.

The posterior nasal aperture isn't really part of the nasal cavity but I mentioned it in the pharynx so I wanted to point it out.  And yes I know I spelled it wrong on the diagram but I don't want to go back into Photoshop to fix it.

The nostril is...well look if you can't find your nose hole you got problems.  If fact I don't even know how you are reading this blog.  I'll give you a hint though:  It is probably the last place you put your crayon.




Send questions or comments to dudaday@gmail.com

Disclaimer:  I am not a health care provider, any information presented in this blog should not be considered advice it is mearly an outlet to slake my curiosity.  You should always consult your primary medical provider for any concerns or illness.  Unlike Tylenol, I am not approved by the FDA or American Medical Association to treat or provide relief for any ailment.

No comments:

Post a Comment