Tuesday, May 29, 2012


Medical Topic of the day:
Today's Topic:  I am not feeling so great today.  So we are going to talk about two basic anatomical terms. Perineum and Peritoneum and why you should never confuse the two.


Off the top of my head:  One is your chode or "gooch" as described by Johnny Knoxville and the other is the lining around your organs.

My research today:  The perineum is defined as the area of skin rich in nerve endings that is located below (inferior) to your anus and extending to the vaginal opening for women and the base of the testicles for men.

The peritoneum is defined as the serous membrane that forms the lining of your abdominal cavity. It provides both support for your organs and serves as conduit for blood and lymph systems.

You can easily see here by definitions why it would be a terrible terrible thing to confuse one for the other.

For example:  Say I was a surgeon and I was doing a routine laproscopic appendectomy.  If I made an incision in the perineum to place my scope that not only sounds bad but it is going to be difficult to explain in court later.

Or if I was a dermatologist and I provided a patient with a peritoneal ointment for a rash I would probably never be able to write prescriptions at that pharmacy again in order to avoid ridicule.

I feel like they should start with different letters or something.














Quest to 180:
Current Weight:  226 - Stuck.  Trying something different.
Activity Today:  I think I broke something or overdid it yesterday, I dunno.  No workout today.  Only ate twice.  Probably not good either.  Will try again tomorrow.
Diet today: Is ok I guess?  I dunno.  I had a beet.  It was pretty good.

Comments: Feeling not so great.  Everything I eat is hurting my stomach.

The MAN:
Confidence Level:  Low
Social Engineering Tactics:  Interior decorating
Comments:  Nothing to report today.


Random:
Listening to:  Def Leppard
Watching:  New Tricks - Some strange British show about old detectives or something.  I did not care for it.  Damn Limeys.
Reading:  Whipping Star by Frank Hebert
Something fun:  Energy Fiend! - Find out the caffeine content of everything and how much you have to take of it to kill you!


Britain is the world's 8th largest island.



Questions or comments can be submitted to dudaday@gmail.com

Disclaimer:  I am not a health care provider, any information presented in this blog should not be considered advice it is mealy an outlet to slake my curiosity.  You should always consult your primary medical provider for any concerns or illness.  Unlike Tylenol, I am not approved by the FDA or American Medical Association to treat or provide relief for any ailment.

No comments:

Post a Comment