Saturday, June 23, 2012

Exploding Eyeballs


How much can the human eyeball take perforate it perforates or explodes like a cantaloupe?  Let's find out.

Off the top of my head:  I have seen a medical examiner deflate an eyeball like a basketball for a tox screen and I know it doesn't take much to puncture an eyeball with a needle.  Let's see what it takes otherwise.

My research today: It is a very disappointing answer. It depends very much on the age, condition, and health of the eyeball. Basically is is up to individual physiology. Overall the answer is anywhere from one to three pounds. Conditions like kerataconas, or scleromalacia can weaken the surface of your eyeball making it much easier to puncture.

As far as a spontaneous rupture of an eyeball occurring without any trauma I can only find one case from 1937 secondary to glaucoma following thrombosis of the central vein. Thrombosis is a blood clot in a vein. I am not sure this is a real thing, this spontaneous rupture of an eyeball, but I dunno.

Anyways, wanna see a gross eyeball?


Too bad, you're gonna see it anyways.
I thought that would be more interesting. Sorry.











Quest to 180:
Current Weight:  Not weighing myself.
Activity Today:  Meh
Diet today:  Meh

The MAN:
Confidence Level:  Meh
Social Engineering Tactics:  Meh
Comments:  Meh


Fun Stuff:
Reading:  Today we are reading nothing in particular.
Watching:  I am not watching anything in particular today.
Comments:  Not a great day today.  Will do better tomorrow.

Questions or comments can be submitted to dudaday@gmail.com

Disclaimer:  I am not a health care provider, any information presented in this blog should not be considered advice it is mearly an outlet to slake my curiosity.  You should always consult your primary medical provider for any concerns or illness.  Unlike Tylenol, I am not approved by the FDA or American Medical Association to treat or provide relief for any ailment.

No comments:

Post a Comment